“The best advice I can give is to utilize the collaborative element that college offers.”
On Dec. 10, 826 Boston students heard from six panelists with a diverse range of experiences to impart about the college application process:
- Jessica Ward: Assistant Director, Office of Undergraduate Admissions at Northeastern University, Northeastern University alumna
- Jose Quiñones: Grant Manager, Harvard School of Public Health, Brandeis University alumnus
- Michael Mirtil: PULSE Program for Service Learning student, Boston College
- Ashley Humienny: 826 Boston Volunteer, University of Pennsylvania alumna
- Fabiola Decius: MFA in Creative Writing, Bryn Mawr, B.A., Lesley, MFA alumna
- Casey Meehan: 826 Boston volunteer, Brown University alumnus
Thanks to the generosity of our sponsor C_Space a lucky winner left with an Amazon Fire Tablet. Other gifts and included a Northeastern University swag bag from Jessica Ward, an 826 goodie bag, and 2 gift cards to Dunkin Donuts.
Thank you to everyone who participated! We can’t wait for next year.
Cutting the Ribbon on the Burke Writers’ Room
Wherever Their Stories Take Them, Our Students Must Feel Safe