Time: 30-40 minutes
Servings: The serving depends on the baking mold in which it is made
In my country, pan de harina de trigo is a cake made from wheat flour. Most people make this food for special moments like parties and other people make it as a meal. In my family, we make this recipe at any time: I only ask for it and my grandmother prepares it. This food does not make me think of anything special, but I love to see my grandmother make this recipe and it is very delicious. A special memory I have of this meal is that my grandmother used to make it for dinner at night. This meal makes me feel connected to my grandmother because she is the only person who I have been able to eat the cake with. I don’t think my family’s recipe is unique, but many people do it in various ways. When you try this recipe, you will love it. And it is very good accompanied by hot chocolate.
2 pound wheet flour
2 tablespoons of butter very full
3 tablespoons of Royal baking powder
1/2 liter of milk
1 cup of water
Sugar and salt to taste
1 or 2 tablespoon of butter
Tools & Utensils
1. We take the mixing bowl.
2. Add the wheat flour.
3. We heat the water that we are going to add to the flour.
4. Then we invert it in the flour with the necessary amount of butter, it can be 1 tablespoon or 2.
5. The goal of heating the water a little is to make the butter dissolve better.
6. So the other ingredients are added.
7. And mix everything with a whisk or fork.
8. At the end add a teaspoon of sugar and salt, mind the amount of salt has to be a little more, but very sparingly.
9. At the end if you need to add a little more water, add a little more. The dough must be soft, if it is soft the bread does not get dry.
10. Then we take the baking sheet and put butter all over the bottom and edges.
11. We put our mixture on the baking sheet.
12. We put it in the oven.
13. We put it at a normal temperature for a few minutes and then lower it to a lower heat.
14. We leave it for 30 or 40 minutes and that’s it.
15. Enjoy! A disfrutar!